The Vision of the Friends of Hearts For Honduras Foundation, a non-profit organization located in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is to provide for a robust and sustainable Hearts For Honduras School that is breaking the cycle of poverty in La Entrada, Honduras.
The mission of the Friends of Hearts For Honduras Foundation, a non-profit organization located in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is to provide financial sustainability for the programs of the Hearts For Honduras School and its Honduras Foundation which are designed to enable the disadvantaged children of La Entrada to escape the cycle of poverty through a Christian-based education.
- Offer a superior, practical and well-rounded Christian based K-6 education.
- Maintain and expand the physical plant in accordance with long-term planning goals.
- Provide basic health and nutrition programs, which form the core of health services, for students.
- Support technology through use of computers, internet, and other equipment and supplies.
- Establish and cultivate academic programs and teacher tracking, evaluation, development and expansion.
- Provide scholarship support for graduates of Hearts For Honduras that wish to continue beyond the 6th grade, into vocational, technical, public or private high schools, and universities.
- Equip graduates to succeed as family members, workers, citizens, and future leaders.
- Nurture local institutional leadership, parental involvement, and community engagement.